Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Have A Lot of Jewelry

I Have A Lot of Jewelry


It's not fancy stuff. I have some sterling silver pieces that were quite affordable (since I grew up on the border of Mexico and had access to the good ol 925). I have some really nice pieces of gold jewelry and some semi-precious stones jewelry, all of these items are relegated to the "fancy" jewelry box. What I have a lot of is costume jewelry.

When I first moved to Houston my older sister introduced me to HARWIN. For those of you who are not familiar with "H-Town" Harwin is actually a street that runs parallel to 59 S.
A good portion of the street (miles and miles) is lined on either side with import shops. Practically anything you could want or think of can be found down this street. The basics; perfume, jewelry, handbags, luggage, furniture, rugs, shoes, saris, fabric, sunglasses, bedding, and of course dollar store items.

My large collection has forced me to find some innovative ways to store my pieces.Purchased a shabby chic looking hat rack from Marshall's or TJ Maxx.


Another TJ Maxx purchase... this was actually a pewter color tall branch looking candlestick. I painted it peachy pink to match my bedroom decor, and then stacked my bangles on it.

To the right of the stack is a velvet store bracelet display bought in Harwing for 6 bucks.




When I bought the bracelet display I also purchased a ring display, for my collection of large rings.

1 comment:

  1. I was a Harwin virgin until you...

    I know where to send Gracie when she wants to play with jewelry. :)

    ReplyDelete