Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Coral

After I graduated high school my dear friend Elizabeth invited me to go with her family to the Cayman Islands. It was on this trip that I had my first interaction with coral. Of course, we were snorkeling and scuba diving and the rule is "DO NOT TOUCH OR YOU WILL KILL IT!!!" The coral and the island was beautiful and the trips was an experience I will never forget.

A few years later I really, really wanted some coral as decoration for my home. At the time all of the real stuff was way out of my price range and they really weren't making any reproduction coral at that time. Eventually I found this beautiful piece at Marshall's, and I was happy and content with my fake coral.



Then while driving to Dallas, my mom, sister and I stopped in Salado to look around. They were having an outdoor flea market (with all of 3 vendors) I bought this small piece of real coral for $1 dollar.


Then a few months later while at Round Top I got this piece for $10.



And just this past weekend my mother and I stumbled upon the tail end of an estate sale, where everything was half off. Mom bought a ton of silver serving pieces, and I got some more coral.


This brain coral was marked $10, but paid $5.

And these two peices with their stands were priced $5 each so paid $5 for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment