Thursday, February 12, 2009

"good" Junk

I LOVE "GOOD" JUNK


I love junk! Now when I say junk, I mean the good kind, slightly worn items of furniture or home decor. Finding "good" junk is a gift of mine. It may be genetic, inherent or learned, in my case I think a little bit of all three, but for some reason my entire family is great at finding "good" junk. My mother has deorated her entire house with it, my older sister has transformed many homes as well. My younger sister, well she has a tough time picking out things that don't cost a lot, but we love her anyway.


I do believe that this gift is directly descendent from my grandmother. I remember being maybe 8 years old and going to the Mcallen flea market to look for Blue Ridge and Fiesta pottery. When we would leave the flea market I would sit in the front seat, little sis relegated to the back, and look up all fo the plates we bought in the Blue Ridge book to "see how much they were worth".




This chair was found in Dallas at a store that may have been run by crackheads = $30





In Houston my older sister found this woman who we affectionatley call the "furniture lady", this cute little chest was bought at her store. = $20


Houston Goodwill off of 290. = $70




Table - Houston Mana Thrift store, the ottoman was something my mom had that we recoverd with this pretty magnolia fabric. = $12


Table and chairs from Craigslist, then had them recovered. $200




Houston Salvation Army on Washington Ave. =$200

1 comment:

  1. Your Mom sent my Mom your blogspot. I freaking LOVE it! And I miss you and I want you to be my decorator!!!

    ReplyDelete