Monday, May 16, 2011

A quick trip to the flea market

I usually hit the Mcallen flea market on Saturday and Sunday, but this pass weekend I was selling at Edinburg Market Days so I could only make it to the flea market on Sunday.

I like to get there around 9 in the morning to avoid long lines and to get a good parking spot.

Anyway...... Here are my finds for this week.

Box of vintage pressed glass Park Lane by Colony green goblets (7 goblets in the box)




And the rest of the haul.....




Funny story about the brass deer... I stop to ask the price and the dad is slicing and eating watermelon and points back with his knife to his son who yells out diez (10). I reply "diez?" not sure I heard correctyly (because I think that is a ridiculous price. In a bad way not a good way). I put the piece down and start to walk away the dad yells ocho (8), and I keep walking then he yells cinco (5) and of course I turn around and say sold. I love it when that happens. And although 5 dollars was still a little too high (in my opinion) I knew I was keeping it for myself so I was okay with it.
"


Most of these items will be up for sale at the next market days. (except the brass deer candle holder, see post below).

No comments:

Post a Comment