Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Before and After

I bought this "french" chair at an auction a few years ago for $20. It was a dark wood color and had a gold and green velvet upholstered seat. I loved the lines, and had previously had covered it myself in a lime green fabric. With my new living room I though it would fit perfectly with just a few changes.
I painted the wood using a metallic paint in titanium. (You can buy this color at Hobby Lobby, the jar is small but it goes a long way). The fabric was a remnant I purchased at Rio Bravo in down town Mcallen for $8 ( a little pricey for a remnant but it was too pretty to pass up). I just added some batting and staple gunned the new fabric over the old upholstery for a very quick fix.

5 comments:

  1. Love this, Lauren! Good for you.
    I love your style!!!
    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing what fabric can do. Brought that little chair to life again.
    Good job!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, well done, your chair is just awesome! Oh my goodness, you have all of your dear mother and grandmother's wonderful genes!! Now that is just really cool.

    ReplyDelete