Monday, January 5, 2009

Milk Glass

MILK GLASS

I am cutting myself off. NO MORE MILK GLASS!!!
Please view exhibits A, B and C below. And yes this is my own personal collection.



At least not white milk glass. turquoise and black can slide on by.
I started off not loving white milk glass. My mother had a huge beautiful collection, but I never really felt like it was something I wanted to collect. Then one day "BAM" I am obsessed and cannot get enough. Now I probably have over 80 pieces. Of course one color is not enough, so I started collecting the the shell pink. However shell pink is hard to find and when you do it is usually by someone who knows what it is (don't you just hate that) and is way out of my price range. Shell pink led to the even harder to find turquoise and just recently I scored two beautiful black pieces, so I guess I am on to black.


Quick note: I know that I am not necessarily using the correct terminology for milk glass and its various incarnations. If you are versed in glassware please school me on the right terms to use.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! My grandmother had a collection of the black glass and when she passed away my grandfather just gave it away. Needless to say, me, my aunt and my mother were horrified. I got a few of the container pieces that I'm waiting to find the perfect spot for.

    ReplyDelete